MP Vegie Korma is a great vegetarian dish for protein, iron, and B vitamins. The combination of plant sources in this dish ensure a full spectrum of the amino acids required for muscle growth and recovery. My MP Korma makes a great side dish or main meal the family, can enjoy anytime!
canola oil cooking spray
2 medium brown onions, finely chopped
200g sliced button mushrooms
2 generous tbls 'korma' curry paste
1 birds-eye chili, deseeded, finely chopped *(optional)
½ large cauliflower head, washed, finely chopped
6-7 baby summer/button squash, ends removed, chopped
1 ½ cups of salt reduced chicken/vegetable stock
3 x (400g) cans of (no-added-salt) brown lentils, drained & rinsed thoroughly
1 medium red capsicum, deseeded, diced
2 medium zucchini’s, grated
100g snow peas, ends removed, chopped
1 ½ cups frozen baby peas
2 tbls slivered toasted almonds, to garnish
½ cup fresh coriander, chopped, to garnish
season to taste with freshly cracked black pepper and rock salt.
1. Spray frying pan with oil and heat on medium-high heat. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes until caramelized, stirring frequently.
2. Next stir in korma curry paste, chili, then add cauliflower and baby squash pieces. Stir well to combine ingredients.
3. Pour stock over the top, stir and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer covered, for 4-5 minutes.
4. Remove lid and stir in lentils, capsicum, zucchini and snow peas and baby peas. Return lid and cook for a further 3-4 minutes on medium heat to warm through.
5. When done, plate up individual bowl or into a large serving dish, season with salt and pepper, garnish with coriander and almonds. Serve immediately. Drizzle with flaxseed oil, just before you eat!
Shar's Tip - Canned lentils are as great alternative to fresh. Nutritionally there is little difference between the two. With the canned variety, rinse them off under running water before adding. Raw lentils need to be pre-cooked prior to making this dish (2 cups). Lentils are quick-cooking and unlike other dry legumes, require no-soaking.
Servings: 6 Cooking & Prep time: less than 15 minutes
Nutritional Information: (per serve)
Calories: 227.9 Protein: 17.4 g Carbs: 29.0 g Fat: 4.7 g
Love your Body!