To view my video go to the MP Community Group Page
Want to eat delicious tasty food that gets you lean?
Try one of my favorite "get lean" dishes!
Nepalese cuisine possesses the most delicious and unique style of taste. This dish, is a dry, fragrant pork mince (ground lean meat) with mild spices that’s simple, subtle and most satisfying. The Nepalese consider that food and eating are all divine and food should be eaten in a joyful manner! I think the Nepalese & MP have something in common!
2 tbls sesame oil
500g lean pork mince
2 tbls yellow mustard seeds
2 tsp’s ground cumin
1 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp’s garam masala
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tsp chili flakes
4 - 5 spring /green onions, finely chopped
1 cup (250ml) salt-reduced chicken stock
juice of 1 lime
¼ - ½ cup fresh coriander, coarsely chopped
drizzle flaxseed oil when serving
1. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add mustard seeds, stirring frequently, for about 2 minutes or until seeds pop open.
2. Next add cumin, turmeric and garam masala; cook, stirring, for about 1+ minute until fragrant.
3. Add garlic, chili flakes and spring onions; stirring, until onion softens.
4. Add pork mince; continue to stir frequently ensuring spicey paste covers the meat, and meat is cooked thoroughly.
5. Add liquid, cover with lid and simmer on reduced heat for 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from heat, add lime juice and stir in coriander.
7. Plate up. Serve with rice or your choice of grains for an ‘Inside the Window’ meal, or with lettuce cups, cucumber slices, salad or steamed vegetable medley for a quick delicious meal, anytime throughout the day. Don’t forget to add your omega 3!! Drizzle with flax oil and enjoy a tasty, Nepalese dish!